According to market segmentation, wet wipes products are divided into two major areas of civil wet wipes and industrial wet wipes, of which the wet wipes market accounts for the major part of the total sales of wipes accounted for 75% of sales.
Personal wipes products can be further subdivided into: baby wipes, accounting for 60% of domestic wipes; personal care wipes, accounting for 30%; cleaning wipes (home care), accounting for 10%.
No matter what kind of wipes, basically require the use of anti-bacterial agent for wipes anti-corrosion, in addition to a part of wipes, is anti-antimicrobial function, the need to use antimicrobial agents as fungicidal / bacteriostatic support. According to statistics, 10% of the baby wet wipes and personal care wipes in civil wipes have antibacterial / antibacterial functions; the wet wipes have 30% inhibition / antibacterial function; and 20% of the industrial wet wipes have antibacterial / bactericidal effects Features.
Why do almost all wet wipes need to use anti-bacterial agent as a preservative? From the characteristics of wet wipes and bacterial growth conditions can be seen:
Wet wipes features:
• Cellulose Matrix: Personal Care Wet wipes are commonly used cotton, viscose nonwovens that provide nutrients for bacterial growth;
• Surfactants: nutrients that provide bacterial growth;
• Functional skin care ingredients: such as extracts, proteins and other nutrients that provide bacterial growth
• Moisture: Wet wipes usually contain up to 70% moisture
• pH: Personal Hygiene Wet wipes Liquids are more or less acidic